Friday, July 17, 2015

NOVENA TO ST. ANNE - FIRST DAY


Today is the traditional observance of the Humility of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the beginning of the Nine-Day Novena leading up to the feast of Mary’s holy Mother St. Anne who instilled in her the virtue of humility.

NOVENA TO ST. ANNE 
MOTHER OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
JULY 17 - JULY 25

Glorious St. Anne, filled with compassion for those who invoke you, with love for those who suffer, heavily laden with the weight of my troubles, I kneel at your feet and humbly beg you to take my present need under your special protection.

(Mention your intention)

Vouchsafe to recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and lay it before the throne of Jesus. Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted. Above all, obtain for me the grace to one day meet God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the angels and saints praising Him through all eternity. Amen



         Comfortress of the Sorrowing

Great Saint Anne, engrave indelibly on my heart and in my mind the words that have reclaimed and sanctified so many sinners: “What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world if he lose his own soul?” May this be the principle fruit of these prayers by which I will strive to honor you during this novena. At your feet renew my resolution to invoke you daily, not only for the success of my temporal affairs and to be preserved from sickness and suffering, but above all, that I may be preserved from all sin, that I may succeed in working out my eternal salvation and that I will receive the special grace of.

(Pause and mention petitions)

O most powerful Saint Anne, do not let me lose my soul, but obtain for me the grace of winning my way to heaven, there with you, you blessed spouse, and your glorious daughter, to sing the praise of the most holy and adorable Trinity forever and ever. Amen.

Our Father
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory Be
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Pray for us, Saint Anne!
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Pray for us, Saint Anne!
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.







No comments:

Post a Comment