Saturday, October 15, 2016

St. Gerard Majella’s Resolutions


            St. Gerard Majella’s Resolutions
   The Blessed Sacrament Book by Fr. Lasance
O my God, my only love, today and every day I give myself up to Thy good pleasure. In all temptations and trials I will say always: Thy will be done. All that Thou mayest ordain for me I will embrace with my whole heart, never ceasing to raise my eyes to heaven there to adore the divine hands which cast towards me the precious pearls of Thy most holy will.
            ______

Amongst all the virtues which are dear to Thee, O my God, that which I love with a love of predilection is holy purity. My trust is in Thee, O infinite holiness, to preserve me from any thought which might sully the brightness of my soul.
             ______

I will say nothing either good or bad about myself. I will attack no one in conversation, nor will I make any reference to the faults of others, even by way of a joke. I will be careful to excuse, everyone, considering in my neighbor the person of Jesus Christ Himself, Whom the Jews accused, notwithstanding His innocence. I will defend others, especially in their absence.
     If I should notice anyone committing a fault, I will be careful not to correct him in the presence of others. I will speak to him on the matter between ourselves, and in a low tone of voice.
               ______

Never will I mix myself up with anyone else's business; I will never say that anyone has done anything badly.
              ______
In all my interior conflicts I will be careful not to listen to self-love. If anyone blames or accuses me, I will strive to make all bitter feelings pass gently away; then tranquillity will reign at the bottom of my soul.
              ______

My supreme resolution is to give myself unreservedly to God. For this reason I will have continually before my eyes this motto: Be thou deaf, blind, and mute. Only one thing do I desire—Thy good pleasure, O my God, and not mine own. In me, O Lord, may Thy will, not mine be done.
             ______
May my prayers, my communions, and all my good works be always applied for the salvation of poor sinners in union with the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
            ______

In visiting the Blessed Sacrament, I will make the following Acts:
"O Lord Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament, and I adore Thee with all my heart."
     "I have the intention of adoring Thee by this visit wherever Thou art present in the sacred Host, and I offer Thee Thy precious blood for poor sinners; also, I desire to receive Thee spiritually as many times as there are sanctuaries on earth in which Thou dost dwell."
             ______
I will have all possible veneration for priests, beholding in them Jesus Christ Himself, and striving to be penetrated with the greatness of their dignity.
            ______
I have obliged myself always to do that which is most perfect. By this I mean that which seems to me to be the most perfect course to take in the sight of God.

Source: Life of St. Gerard Majella, by Rev. O. R. Vassall-Phillips, C.SS.R.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment