Sunday, August 16, 2015

IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY NOVENA - THIRD DAY


Novena in Preparation for the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Lord, open thou my lips.
And my mouth shall declare thy praise.
O God, come to my assistance;
O Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Sweet Heart of Mary,
Be my salvation.
Immaculate Heart of Mary,
Convert sinners, save souls from hell!


Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

Blessed Virgin, who didst keep in thy heart the precious treasure of the words of Jesus thy Son and, pondering over the sublime mysteries therein contained, couldst live only for God, how am I confounded by the coldness of my heart! Ah, dear Mother, obtain for me the grace of meditating always on the holy Law of God, and of seeking to follow thine example in the fervent practice of all the Christian virtues.

Atonement for Neglecting to Honor Mary

V. Lord, forgive all reviling of Mary's name!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!
V. Lord, forgive all contempt of her Immaculate Conception!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!
V. Lord, forgive all coldness in the honoring of Mary!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!
V. Lord, forgive all contempt of Mary's pictures!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!
V. Lord, forgive all neglect of the Holy Rosary!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!
V. Lord, forgive all indifference to Mary's motherly love!
R. We beseech Thee, hear us!


Novena Prayer
O glorious and immaculate Heart of Mary, thy soul was pierced by a sword of sorrow at the sight of the Passion of thy divine Son. Intercede for me and obtain for me from Jesus... 

      (State your intentions) 

If it be for His honor and glory and for my good. Amen. O heart most pure of the Blessed Virgin, Obtain for me from Jesus a pure and humble heart.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment