Wednesday, January 6, 2016

EPIPHANY NOVENA - NINTH DAY


Novena in preparation for the Feast of 
           The Epiphany of our Lord
             Final day – 9th Day

O holy Magi, who were the first among the Gentiles called to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, and who persevered in the faith till your deaths, obtain for us of the Lord the grace of living always in conformity to the baptismal promises and especially in accordance with our religious vows, (duties of our state in life) leading ever a life of faith; that like you we may attain to the beatific vision of that God Who now is the object of our faith.

                 Glory be
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.

                 Prayer
I salute Thee, O divine Heart, with the three Magi who offered their homage to Thee. Regard me, I beseech Thee, with the same love and kindness with which Thou didst receive them, that I may offer with my heart, gold, frankincense and myrrh; that is to say, my intellect, my memory and my will, in complete subjection to Thee, in faith, hope, charity, in thought, word and deed. Accept my offering, accept my heart, and grant that I may live and die thanking Thee for the invaluable favor of being called to the true faith. Hence, I beg of Thee, by the joy which filled Thy heart, when Thou didst see the first of the Gentiles at Thy feet, to hear my prayer and grant the request I make in this Novena. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment