Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Month of the Most Blessed Sacrament - I have graven thee in My Hands...


                         Month of the
               Most Blessed Sacrament


                By St. Alphonsus Liguori

I have graven thee in My Hands: thy walls are always before My Eyes. — Isaiah xlix. 16.


Such is the loving care God has of a soul that He wills to be His: He carries her written in His Hands, so as never to forget her, saying that a mother will sooner forget her own child, than He a soul in the state of grace. Thy walls are always before My Eyes. His Eyes are always watching to defend this soul, that her enemies may not injure her. O Lord, Thou hast crowned us as with a shield of Thy good Will. Our good God surrounds us with the protection of His merciful Will, wholly intent on our good, and thus He frees us from all dangers. O my God, infinite Goodness, Who more than any other dost love me, and desire my good, I yield myself entirely to Thee: let every hope fail me, if only Thou fail me not. I know that I ought to co-operate in fulfilling Thy holy Will; Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do? Behold I am ready, my dear Lord, and resolved to do whatsoever Thou pleasest. Thy Will be done. I desire nothing but to do what Thou willest, but help me or I shall do no good; teach me not only to know, but to do, whatever is pleasing to Thee: teach me to do Thy Will. Eternal Father, enable me to say with truth what Thy Jesus said whilst on earth: I do always the things that please Him.  My God, this I desire, this I seek, this I hope, through the Merits of Thy Son, and of the ever- blessed Mary.


Spiritual Communion by blessed Leonard of Port Maurice.
Come my beloved Jesus, come into my poor heart and satisfy its longing; come and sanctify my soul; come, sweet Jesus, come with Thy loving Heart into my poor one, which I offer to Thee and give Thee!      

                              THURSDAY
                      Prayers to Our Lady
              For every Day of the Week
                      To obtain Heaven
O Queen of Heaven, who art seated nearest to God, and above all the choirs of Angels, I, a wretched sinner, salute thee from this vale of tears, and beseech thee to turn towards me thy compassion ate eyes, which beam graces whithersoever they are directed. Behold, O Mary, what danger I am now in, and shall be in while I live, of losing my soul, and Heaven, and God Himself: in thee, most holy Lady, I rest all my hopes; I love thee, and long to see thee and praise thee in Paradise. O Mary, when will the happy day come when I shall see myself saved, and at thy feet, and shall gaze on the Mother of my Lord, my Mother also, who has done so much for my salvation? When shall I kiss that hand which has so often rescued me from Hell, and has given me so many favours, when, by my sins, I had deserved to be hated and abandoned by all! I have been very ungrateful to thee in this life, but if I attain Heaven I shall no more be so; there I shall love thee with all my strength, and in every moment of Eternity, and shall atone for my negligence, by praising and thanking thee unceasingly. I most earnestly thank God, Who has given me such confidence in the Blood of Jesus Christ, and in thee, to whom I look to be saved from sin, to obtain light and strength to fulfil the Divine Will, and finally to be led to the gates of Heaven. All this thy servants have hoped, and none have ever been deceived, neither shall I be. O Mary, it is for thee to save me: pray with me to thy beloved Son, through the infinite Merits of His Passion, that He will preserve in me, and continually increase this confidence, and thus I shall be saved. Amen.

HAIL MARY
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

HAIL MARY
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

HAIL MARY
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment