Tuesday, April 19, 2016

WEDNESDAY MONTH OF THE MOST BLESSED SACRAMENT - DRAW ME, WE WILL RUN AFTER THEE...



     Month of the Most Blessed Sacrament

          Meditations by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Draw me, we will run after Thee, to the odour of Thy ointments. — Cant. i. 3.

My beloved Jesus, Thou hast been pleased to come down to me, and unite me to Thyself in this Sacrament of love, because, while I remain in this life I cannot go to Thee in Heaven: draw me then, dear Lord, wholly to Thyself. I do not wish to draw Thee to me in order to obtain from Thee my own desires; I wish that Thou, by Thy sweet attractions mayst draw me entirely to Thyself, so that I may wish for nothing, and do nothing but Thy most holy Will. It is but just that all my inclinations should yield to Thy holy designs: unite me then perfectly to Thyself, and thus united and freed from all earthly affections, I will run with Thee in the paths of holy virtue till I rest solely in Thy Divine Will during this life, and in the next. In peace, in the self-same I will sleep and I will rest.

            Prayers to Our Lady for Every Day


              
    Prayer to Our Blessed Mother to obtain
                Deliverance from Hell

O most Beloved Lady, I thank thee, who hast rescued me from Hell as often as I have deserved it by my sins. I unhappily incurred condemnation to that fearful prison, and perhaps the sentence due to my first sin would have been executed, if thou hadst not compassionately helped me: out of thy mere goodness, and without my even praying to thee, thou didst restrain the Justice of God, and then, conquering the hardness of my heart, thou didst win me to have confidence in thee. Into how many other sins should I not afterwards have fallen, in the dangers I have met with, if thou, most loving Mother, hadst not preserved me, by the graces thou hast obtained for me: save me, then, from Hell, for of what use will all thy past mercies and favours be, if I lose my soul? There was a time when I loved thee not; but now, next to God, I love thee above all things: I beseech thee let me never turn from God, Who has given me so many blessings by thy hands. Beloved Lady, let me never have the misfortune of hating and cursing thee in Hell: wilt thou endure to see a servant who loves thee lost? And I shall be lost if I leave thee, O Mary: but who could have the heart to leave thee? Who could forget such love as thou hast shewn me? Since, then, thou hast done so much to save me, complete thy work, help me to the end: if when I lived forgetful of thee thou didst so favour me, how much more may I hope now that I love thee, and recommend myself to thee! No: they who apply to thee are never lost, but only those who will not have recourse to thee: leave me not, most holy Mother, or I shall be lost; make me always have recourse to thee: my Hope, save me from Hell, and from sin which alone can condemn to Hell. Amen.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment