Friday, September 18, 2015

NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF LA SALETTE - NINTH DAY



NINTH DAY

The days of my novena have come to an end, and I have hardly begun to meditate upon the teachings of thy Apparition. How solacing for our wearied hearts to contemplate thee and to pour forth our humble prayers at thy feet! Hours spent with thee are but as instants which pass with a flight as rapid as that of the lightning-flash. But, as thou didst once say to the shepherds enraptured by thy sight: "Well, my children, you will make this known to all my people"; so now thou addressest me with the same warning: Well, my child, you will make my teachings known to all my people. Love rejoices to express itself by sacrifices and devotedness. Teach, then, all those about you the necessity of serving God. Make known to them the religious observances, and the delight found in the service of God. And, to fulfill this sacred duty, meditate upon the teachings of my Apparition. O my child, let your heart be inflamed like that of your Mother with the fire of holy zeal for God's glory! Remember that by edifying your fellow-creatures, and procuring their salvation, you secure your own. Yes! heaven is the prize!


Practice

Make the Stations of the Cross for the Souls in Purgatory.

Our Lady of La Salette, ora pro nobis!





No comments:

Post a Comment