Tuesday, September 15, 2015

OUR LADY OF LA SALETTE NOVENA - THIRD DAY



“Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist.

         “The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders on earth and in the atmosphere, and men will become more and more perverted. God will take care of His faithful servants and men of good will. The Gospel will be preached everywhere, and all peoples of all nations will get to know the truth.

         “I make an urgent appeal to the earth. I call on the true disciples of the living God who reigns in Heaven; I call on the true followers of Christ made man, the only true Saviour of men; I call on my children, the true faithful, those who have given themselves to me so that I may lead them to my divine Son, those whom I carry in my arms, so to speak, those who have lived on my spirit. Finally, I call on the Apostles of the Last Days, the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ who have lived in scorn for the world and for themselves, in poverty and in humility, in scorn and in silence, in prayer and in mortification, in chastity and in union with God, in suffering and unknown to the world.  It is time they came out and filled the world with light. Go and reveal yourselves to be my cherished children. I am at your side and within you, provided that your faith is the light which shines upon you in these unhappy days.  May your zeal make you famished for the glory and the honour of Jesus Christ. Fight, children of light, you, the few who can see. For now is the time of all times, the end of all ends.

“Nature is asking for vengeance because of man, and she trembles with dread at what must happen to the earth stained with crime. Tremble, earth, and you who proclaim yourselves as serving Jesus Christ and who, on the inside, only adore yourselves, tremble, for God will hand you over to His enemy, because the holy places are in a state of corruption.

         “The Church will be in eclipse, the world will be in dismay.



THIRD DAY

What, O Mother, is the meaning of the bright cross which shines upon thy breast? Why this stream of tears trickling down thy heavenly face and rolling over the golden cross on which they are burnt away as on a fire of Love? My child, was your soul never defiled by a mortal sin? Did you never scoff at my Son, thus crucifying anew your Saviour and your God? Is not the cross, that sacred emblem of salvation, scornfully banished from all the places where it used once to stand in honor? Such iniquities should be washed away by tears of blood! Strive, therefore, to appease my Son's wrath and to mitigate His vengeance. Stand in fear that the Sacred Blood which once flowed on Calvary, should now fall revengefully upon your head, and the heads of those you hold dearest in this world! Dread that you should be deserted by God! Contemplate Jesus on His Cross. Humbly adore Him and pour forth your most heart-felt thanks at His feet. Remember that, with Him, there is a remedy for every evil. There is no virtue but finds in Him a perfect model. Bear His cross on your breast, but chiefly in your heart. And in return, heaven shall be your reward. 

Practice
Kneel before a crucifix and say an act of contrition for your sins.

Our Lady of La Salette, ora pro nobis!


No comments:

Post a Comment