Monday, June 1, 2015

MONTH OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS - FIRST DAY



 THE HEART OF JESUS OFFERS TO US A TOUCHING MOTIVE TO MAKE US LOVE HIM, OUR GOOD MASTER.

And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: because they shall return to me with their whole heart.  - Jeremiah 24:7

The last resource of a God who desired, above all things, to make men love Him was to give them His Heart; and it was during those times in which indifference most prevailed, that God resolved up on giving us this great proof of His love. But, alas, though He did this, there are yet thousands of souls everywhere,  and even in the land of France, graciously selected as it was, wherein to grant so great a favor to the world, even there there are yet thousands of souls who are ignorant of, or who have forgotten, this great benefit. These two thoughts comprise, so to say, all that we propose to meditate upon during this month of grace. They are inspired by the very words of Jesus Christ, when He revealed and gave His Heart to the Blessed Margaret Mary,  words which we shall very frequently have to repeat, and which will, I hope, inspire all who use this book with love for Jesus and His Sacred Heart: He said, 'Behold, this Heart, which has loved men so much, and which receives but ingratitude from the greater number of them.' He loves; but is not loved in return, though He asks to be loved.

Praebe, fili mi, cor tuum mihi, et oculi tui vias meas custodiant.
My son, give me thy heart: and let thy eyes keep my ways. Proverbs 23: 26 



A Salutation To The Sacred Heart

Hail, Heart of Jesus, save me!
Hail, Heart of my Creator, perfect me!
Hail, Heart of my Saviour, deliver me!
Hail, Heart of my Judge, grant me pardon!
Hail, Heart of my Father, govern me!
Hail, Heart of my Spouse, grant me love!
Hail, Heart of my Master, teach me!
Hail, Heart of my King, be my crown!
Hail, Heart of my Benefactor, enrich me!
Hail, Heart of my Shepherd, guard me!
Hail, Heart of my Friend, comfort me!
Hail, Heart of my Brother, stay with me!
Hail, Heart of the Child Jesus, draw me to Thyself!
Hail, Heart of Jesus dying on the Cross, redeem me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus in all Thy states, give Thyself to me!
Hail, Heart of incomparable goodness, have mercy on me!
Hail, Heart of splendor, shine within me!
Hail, most loving Heart, inflame me!
Hail, most merciful Heart, work within me!
Hail, most humble Heart, dwell within me!
Hail, most patient Heart, support me!
Hail, most faithful Heart, be my reward!
Hail, most admirable and most worthy Heart, bless me!

(By St. Margaret Mary Alacoque)








Act of consecration to the Sacred Heart

O Lord Jesus, I consecrate my heart to you; place it in yours. It is therein I wish to breathe, to love, to live unknown to men. And known only to you. It is in this sacred heart I shall derive those loving ardors which should consume mine; it is there 1 shall find strength, light, courage, and true consolation. When sad, it will rejoice me; when languishing, it will animate me; when troubled and disquieted, it will encourage and uphold me. 0 heart of Jesus! May my heart be the altar of your love. May my memory preserve for ever the precious remembrance of Your mercies. May all in me express my love for your heart, 0 Jesus, and may my heart be disposed to offer you every sacrifice. 0 heart of Mary, the most amiable, compassionate, and merciful, after that of Jesus, present to his divine heart my love, my resolutions, my consecration. It will be moved by my miseries; it will deliver me from them: and, after having been my protectress on earth, O blessed Mother, you will be my queen in heaven. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment