Monday, June 29, 2015

MONTH OF THE SACRED HEART - TWENTY EIGHTH DAY



           On Prayer

First means of obtaining a true devotion to the Sacred Heart. The first means of obtaining a true devotion to the sacred heart, is prayer

It is astonishing that Christians are not all-powerful, having so infallible a means of obtaining what they wish, as that of prayer. There is nothing which Jesus Christ has so often and so solemnly engaged to do, as to hear all the petitions which we make to him. Ask, does he say, and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. Hitherto you have not asked the Father for anything in my name; ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full." Let us then pray, and pray with confidence. Prayer, says St Lawrence Justinian, disarms the anger of God. He pardons the sinner when he prays to him with humility. It obtains all that it solicits; it triumphs over all the efforts of hell; it changes sinners into saints. “I had no sooner asked it of God," says Solomon, “than he granted me wisdom."  I had but opened my mouth, says David, “when the Lord succored me." Our Lord revealed to St Bridget that he would every moment bestow favors on us, if we asked for them as we ought. But of all the prayers which we make, there cannot be one more agreeable to our Lord than to ask him for grace to love his sacred heart. Let us conjure him to grant it to us; the very doing so will put us in possession of it, particularly it. we ask it through this blessed heart itself. St Mechtilde says, that having one day asked our Lord for a favor for another, he told her to tell this person that whatsoever she wanted she should seek it in his heart, that she should ask for all through this' heart, like a child who uses no other artifice with his parent, than what love suggests, and that thus she would certainly find it.

Say thrice: Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

       12 Promises of the Sacred Heart                    

 1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
 2. I will give peace in their families.
 3. I will console them in all their troubles.
 4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
  5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
  6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
 7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
 8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
 9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10.   I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11.  Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12.   In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment