Monday, June 29, 2015

PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS NOVENA - SEVENTH DAY


Devout commemoration of the most precious blood shed by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

THE CRUCIFIXION 

Application 
Never give up the ideal of a life united with God. Jesus now clings to His Eternal Ideal. When I am tempted to give up my old ideals of prayer, sacrifice and purity, I must plead with Him to raise these dead ideals to life.
"By the Merits of Thy Precious Blood, shed seven times, keep me ever united to Thee; save me at death from the agonizing memory of a wasted life."

"There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them." (John 19:18)

Novena Prayer in Honor of the Precious Blood

O Precious Blood of Jesus, infinite Price of our redemption and both the drink and laver of our souls, You continually plead the cause of all people before the throne of Infinite Mercy.  From the depths of my heart I adore You. Jesus, insofar as I am able I want to make reparation for the insults and outrages which You receive from human beings, especially from those who blaspheme You and deny Your presence. Who would not venerate the Blood of infinite value?!  Who does not feel inflamed with love for the Jesus Who shed it? What would have become of me had I not been redeemed by this Divine Blood?  Who has drained it all from the veins of my Savior?  Surely this was the work of Love!  O Infinite Love, which has given us this saving Balm!  O Balm beyond all price, welling up from the foundation of Infinite Love!  Grant that every heart and every tongue may render You praise and thanks, now and forever! Amen.


"I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord." Psalm 116:13
And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my Blood of the covenant, which is poured out for the forgiveness of sins." Mt 26:27-28
"For my Flesh is food indeed, and my Blood is drink indeed." John 6:56
As this was a hard saying for Jesus' hearers, so it is difficult today for many of our separated brethren.  Yet Sacred Scripture tells us that Jesus truly gives us His Sacred Body and Precious Blood in the Eucharist:
"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a communion in the Blood of Christ?
The bread which we break, is it not a communion in the Body of Christ?" I Corinthians 10:16
This need not trouble our separated brethren.  When we partake of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, we are not eating dead flesh or blood, since Christ is risen and alive forevermore (Rev 1:10).  We are actually receiving the whole Person of our Risen Lord:  His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity!  How wonderful it is to sacramentally partake of the ever-living, glorified Blood of our Risen Saviour under the appearance of bread and wine.  Praise you, Lord Jesus, for this tremendous Gift!
"To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His Blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment