Friday, June 26, 2015

PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS NOVENA - SIXTH DAY


        THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS 

Emphasizes patience in carrying my cross through life, as the second means of keeping my life of union with God. 

His Cross crushed Him to the ground. Old Wounds were widened. New Wounds were opened in His Hands and Knees. To carry my cross patiently in union with His, is my best penance for past sin and the best protection against future sin.
"By the Merits of Thy Precious Blood, shed seven times, keep me ever united to Thee; save me at death from the agonizing memory of a wasted life."
"So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgotha." (John 19:17)

Christ, the Son of God, hath redeemed us by His Own Blood
This is He that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. There are three who give testimony in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. And there are three that give testimony on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three are one.


Novena Prayer in Honor of the Precious Blood

O Precious Blood of Jesus, infinite Price of our redemption and both the drink and laver of our souls, You continually plead the cause of all people before the throne of Infinite Mercy.  From the depths of my heart I adore You. Jesus, insofar as I am able I want to make reparation for the insults and outrages which You receive from human beings, especially from those who blaspheme You and deny Your presence. Who would not venerate the Blood of infinite value?!  Who does not feel inflamed with love for the Jesus Who shed it? What would have become of me had I not been redeemed by this Divine Blood?  Who has drained it all from the veins of my Savior?  Surely this was the work of Love!  O Infinite Love, which has given us this saving Balm!  O Balm beyond all price, welling up from the foundation of Infinite Love!  Grant that every heart and every tongue may render You praise and thanks, now and forever! Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment