Monday, June 29, 2015

PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS NOVENA - EIGHTH DAY

                       CrucifixionJosse Lieferinxe (1493-1508)


Devout commemoration of the most precious blood shed by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ



THE PIERCING OF THE HEART
Inspires me to final perseverance in my life of union with God. His Love for me persevered until His Heart was emptied unto the last Drop. "Take courage," He says, "I have overcome the world." I reply, "Lord, what wilt Thou have me do?"
"By the Merits of Thy Precious Blood, shed seven times, keep me ever united to Thee; save me at death from the agonizing memory of a wasted life."
"But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out Blood and water." (John 19:34).


Novena Prayer in Honor of the Precious Blood

O Precious Blood of Jesus, infinite Price of our redemption and both the drink and laver of our souls, You continually plead the cause of all people before the throne of Infinite Mercy.  From the depths of my heart I adore You. Jesus, insofar as I am able I want to make reparation for the insults and outrages which You receive from human beings, especially from those who blaspheme You and deny Your presence. Who would not venerate the Blood of infinite value?!  Who does not feel inflamed with love for the Jesus Who shed it? What would have become of me had I not been redeemed by this Divine Blood?  Who has drained it all from the veins of my Savior?  Surely this was the work of Love!  O Infinite Love, which has given us this saving Balm!  O Balm beyond all price, welling up from the foundation of Infinite Love!  Grant that every heart and every tongue may render You praise and thanks, now and forever! Amen.

Petitions in Honor of the Precious Blood of Jesus

Precious Blood of Jesus, shed in the circumcision, make me pure of mind, heart and body.

Precious Blood, oozing from every pore of Jesus in the Agony, enable me to love God's holy will above all.

Precious Blood, flowing from the scourging at the pillar, inspire me with a sorrow for my sins, and a tolerance for suffering.

Precious Blood, falling in profusion from the crown of thorns, grant me a ready acceptance of humiliations.

Precious Blood, shed profusely in the crucifixion of our Lord, make me die entirely to self-love.

Precious Blood, shed to the very last drop by the opening of Christ's Sacred Heart, give me that generous love which sacrifices all for God.

Precious Blood, sacred Price of my Redemption, apply to me your infinite merits.

Precious Blood, I adore You from the depths of my heart; I invoke You ardently, for You are my salvation, and by You I hope to obtain the joys of heaven.  Amen.


                   The Holy Lance, displayed in the Imperial Treasury 
                   at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria





No comments:

Post a Comment