Sunday, June 21, 2015

Novena to St. Peter and St. Paul

Madonna and Child with Sts. Peter and Paul - CESARI, Giuseppe -1608-09

Novena to SS. Peter and Paul, Martyrs of Rome 
                     (Feast June 29th) 

Simon Peter, before I called thee out of the ship, I knew thee, and appointed thee for a captain over My people.
And I have given unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.
Whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth, shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heaven.
And I have given unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.



Saul, who also is called Paul, was made a great preacher
And being of God increased the more in strength, he confounded the Jews.
Proving that This is very Christ, the Son of God.
And being of God increased the more in strength, he confounded the Jews.
By the grace of God I am what I am.
And His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain, but abideth ever in me.
He that wrought effectually in Peter to the Apostleship, the Same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles.
And His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain, but abideth ever in me.

St. Peter and St. Paul Novena - First Day

Prayer

Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, I choose you this day and forever to be my special patrons and advocates,  you blessed Saint Peter - Prince of the Apostles , because you are the Rock upon the Almighty God has built His Holy Church;  you blessed Saint Paul, because you were fore chosen by God as vessel of election and preacher of the truth to the whole world. 

Obtain for me , I humbly pray you , lively Faith , firm Hope and burning Love, complete detachment from myself, contempt of the world,  patience in adversity, humility in prosperity, attention in prayer, purity of diligence in fulfilling the duties of my state of life, constancy in my resolutions, resignation to the Will of God and perseverance in the Grace of God even unto death, so that by the means of your intercession and your glorious merits, I might be able to overcome the evil and I be made worthy of the Promises of Christ, enjoy His Presence and love Him forever in time and eternity.  

Our Father

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory Be

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment