Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus – Twenty–Third Day


          Complaints Of the Sacred Heart

Let us this day listen to the complaints of the sacred heart of Jesus; they are a new proof of his love; for he complains only because he loves, and he loves us only for our happiness; his happiness being neither diminished by our loss, nor increased by our salvation. “What could I have done for you, my people, that I have not done? I planted for you a beautiful vine, and you have nought for me but bitterness; for in my thirst you gave me vinegar to drink, and by your ingratitude and indifference, still more than by the point of the lance, you have wounded the side of your Saviour. I have shed all my blood for you, and what profit did you derive from it? I have fed you, not with manna, which your fathers have eaten and are dead, but with the living bread which descended from heaven, to give life to the whole world; and you have torn my mystical body, the Church, by denying this ineffable gift, which is the admiration of the angels. Behold this heart, which has loved men so much as to spare nothing, and even consumed itself to testify to them its love; and yet, from the greater number, even of those specially consecrated to me, I receive but ingratitude, contempt, irreverence and sacrilege in the sacrament of my love." Are not these hearts ours? Is it not of us Jesus complains—of us engaged in his service by baptism, nourished so often at his holy table, associated to the sodality of his sacred heart, and thereby charged to repair so many outrages? And we to remain cold and indifferent for this divine heart! “My heart," continues our Lord to his faithful servant, can complain, that in this great mystery, as well as on the cross, it is doomed to opprobrium and to grief. In this abandonment it seeks from you, and a few other chosen souls, some consolation, and that you repair, by your homage, the injuries offered to it. Ah! how favored we are ; for the desires wherewith the heart of Jesus inspires us to indemnify him for the neglect of others, make us like the three disciples, whom he chose to console him in his agony.
Say thrice: Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us. Immaculate heart of Mary, pray for us.

A Salutation To The Sacred Heart
        (By St. Margaret Mary Alacoque)

Hail, Heart of Jesus, save me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus, save me!
Hail, Heart of my Creator, perfect me!
Hail, Heart of my Saviour, deliver me!
Hail, Heart of my Judge, grant me pardon!
Hail, Heart of my Father, govern me!
Hail, Heart of my Spouse, grant me love!
Hail, Heart of my Master, teach me!
Hail, Heart of my King, be my crown!
Hail, Heart of my Benefactor, enrich me!
Hail, Heart of my Shepherd, guard me!
Hail, Heart of my Friend, comfort me!
Hail, Heart of my Brother, stay with me!
Hail, Heart of the Child Jesus, draw me to Thyself!
Hail, Heart of Jesus dying on the Cross, redeem me!
Hail, Heart of Jesus in all Thy states, give Thyself to me!
Hail, Heart of incomparable goodness, have mercy on me!
Hail, Heart of splendor, shine within me!
Hail, most loving Heart, inflame me!
Hail, most merciful Heart, work within me!
Hail, most humble Heart, dwell within me!
Hail, most patient Heart, support me!
Hail, most faithful Heart, be my reward!
Hail, most admirable and most worthy Heart, bless me!







No comments:

Post a Comment